The Perfect Tool for Travel to Rome!
Keys to the Ancient City: Rome Guidebook and Companion Travel Spinner
Why follow the masses to the same ten or so popular (but expected and crowded) tourist sites in Rome (the same places everyone visits) when you can explore a veritable treasure chest of 101 hidden gems that this ancient city possesses. Experience a much more fun and surprising visit to Rome using the Keys to the Ancient City Guidebook and Spinner Board to reveal a past brimming with wonderful places.
How the Guidebook and Spinner Board works:
Spin the Spinner. It'll land on a location with a number.
Turn the board over to its back side and find your number. Instantly see where the site is located in the city.
Open the guidebook that matches to that corresponding page number and read all about your hidden gem of a destination.
Fold the board up and put it and the guidebook back in your purse or pack and spin away during your day to discover dozens more hidden gems.
Let the Spinner Board be your itinerary builder to the hidden heart and secret past of Rome! See more of the ancient city that insiders know…interesting, imaginative and away from the crowds. Unique to the travel industry, there’s nothing else quite like it!
While everyone else is spending time in lines at the same crowded sites, you’ll be discovering new and unusual things to do in Rome.
- Familiar with the Trevi Fountain? Now you can go underground to visit the ancient aquifer that still feeds it!
- Familiar with the Forum? Now you can go across the street and climb through the nearly complete ruins of Trajans’ Ancient Marketplace!
- Familiar with Piazza Navona? Now you can go under it to see what was there before: an Ancient Sports Arena!
- Familiar with the Colosseum? A 5-minute walk will take you to Michelangelo’s “Moses,” his own favorite sculpture!
- Find the Best Rooftop Bars and Restaurants so you can cool down, escape the crowds, and enjoy Rome’s Greatest Views!
- The list goes on and on!
These are just some of the fun examples that Keys to the Ancient City: Rome Guidebook and Spinner Board can reveal. Best of all you’ll get a deeper and more personal experience of this great city than most visitors to Rome.
What you get:
- 101 Hidden Rome Gems
- Spinner Itinerary Builder! (Put Your Fate into the Hands of the Gods!)
- Map of the Ancient City with Hidden Locations
- Color Coded Guidebook with Corresponding Descriptions
- Perforated to Fold Easily in pocket, purse or pack.
About Patty Civalleri
As a historian and archaeology professional, Patty Civalleri has traveled for decades to the deepest corners of our ancient world. She has had the privilege of doing so with some of the foremost archaeologists and scientists in the world. With her unique guidebooks, Patty presents a less explored Italy with the same excitement that has driven her through lost caves, ancient tombs, and historical personalities. Patty sees the ancient world as a huge playground of personal enrichment open to anyone with an adventurous heart. Her animated personality peers out from every page of her books.
Patty Civalleri’s travel books have won 13 global awards including: The Irwin Award for the 2017 Best International Travel Book of the Year, The Ian Awards of the 2017 Best Non-Fiction Book of the Year, as well as the 2017 Best Travel Book of the Year.